BENEFIT’S & PROPERTIES
- Chemical Free.
- Bone Healer, Fracture Recovery Rice
- Non Dairy Calcium Source
- Rich in Phosphorous, Perfect For Vegan
- Rich Source Of Fibre, B vitamins, Calcium,
- Zinc and Iron, Manganese, Selenium,
- Magnesium, Antioxidant called Anthocyanins
- You can Make Amazing Bhakris (Flat Breads)
Direction For Cooking
- Soak rice in water for 4 to 5 Hrs.
- Drain water. This will do away with the extra starch
- Take a deep thick bottomed pan.
- Heat 1 tsp oil. Add rice and saute for
- 1 minute. Add 2.25 cups hot water.
- Turn heat to low and cover the pan for 15 minutes.
- Do not wash the rice too much
- Avoid cooking in a Pressure Cooker to get good Aroma & Taste.
- TIP: Do not throw away the soaked water, you can use it to shampoo your hair or apply on face to get rid of dead cells & scales
Traditionally Scarlet is Consumed with Curries or You make Flat Breads ( Bhakris ) out of it.
स्कारलेट लाल तांदूळ | સ્કારલેટ ચોખા | স্কারলেট লাল ভাত | ಸ್ಕಾರ್ಲೆಟ್ ಕೆಂಪು ಅಕ್ಕಿ | സ്കാർലറ്റ് ചുവന്ന അരി | ஸ்கார்லெட் சிவப்பு அரிசி | స్కార్లెట్ ఎర్ర బియ్యం
Lal Tandalachi Bhakri – Red Rice Flat Bread
Preparation Time : 35 Minutes
Cooking Time : 10 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serves : 3 -4 People
- 2 cups Scarlet Red Rice Flour
- 2 cups of water
- Note: Rice flour and water should be mixed in 1:1 ratio
- Cooking Oil
- 1 tspoon salt
- Take 2 cups of water in a vessel and bring it to boil. Add salt and mix it well.
- Reduce the heat to add Scarlet Red Rice flour and mix it well.
- Turn off the flame, and cover the vessel by a lid and allow the rice flour to cool down before we start kneading. This will take 30-40 mins.
- After 30 mins, take the rice flour in a kneading bowl and knead it using little oil.
- Make small round balls.
- Place Griddle on medium flame. Meanwhile flatten round balls in between the palms and roll out the ball making use of rolling pin. Dust the round balls using rice flour.
- Place the bhakri on hot griddle.
- Apply some water on the upside of bhakri.
- Allow the underside to cook for 1 min and then flip it using a pair of tongs.
- Gently apply some pressure on the upside using a cloth, which makes the bhakri puff evenly.
- Take out the bhakri from the griddle and place it in a plate.
- Tandlachi Bhakri is ready.Bhakri can be eaten with Veg/Non-Veg Gravy.